Our crisis intervention team is composed by:
- A Psychiatrist
- An on-call Psychiatric Nurse
- A Registered Nurse/Case Manager
- A Security Guard
The crisis intervention team, works collaboratively with the Police and Ambulance Department to take on the crisis management.
How to recognize a crisis situation?- Does it present clear danger to self or others?
- Are there signs of physical, mental, or social deterioration in the individual?
- Has the individual made any suicide attempts, gestures, or threats?
- Is the individual behaving in a disruptive manner?
- Does the individual appear to have lost touch with reality?
- Does the individual appear paranoid?
What should I do if I witness a crisis situation?- Call the police immediately! 911 or +1-721-542-2222.
- Do not film the person/situation and ask others not to do so.
In a crisis situation, solely the St. Maarten Police Force, the Ambulance Department 912 or +1-721-542-2111
or a general practitioner can refer individuals to the MHF’s crisis intervention.
Crises are temporary but the effects may become long-lasting. If circumstances were not life threatening at the moment of the crisis, or if the crisis was short lived, you should still seek support by contacting us
. Call 911